Venue Details Microsoft’s Signature Building in EGL and starting work on some awesome new startups and hacking some code!
Here’s a few things to remember:
- Think of some ideas you want to pitch. You will have 60 seconds to do a verbal elevator pitch of your idea – no ppts, or other aids. If time permits, you may be able to pitch more than one idea.
- Your idea cannot be your existing startup that has launched. Startup Weekend is where people gather to take ideas and transform them into startups, not promote your existing startup.
- Pre-Existing Teams will be denied a spot for demo’ing on Sunday. The point is to network, broaden your horizons, meet and work with NEW people. If you come to SW with an existing team and we hear about it, we will deny you a chance of presenting on Sunday evening.
- Bring whatever you think you’re going to need to work, e.g. a laptop, paper, pens, mobile phone, etc.
- If your idea doesn’t get enough votes, don’t worry. Join another team and work with others on their idea.
- Please try to be inclusive and not turn people away from joining your team unless your team size is over 5 people.
- The Twitter Hashtag for Startup Weekend Bangalore will be #swblr – Please use it when tweeting about the event.
- The Flickr tag for Startup Weekend Bangalore will be swblr and startupweekend so please add the tag to any photos you upload to Flickr.
- If you purchased a student ticket, please bring a valid student photo id with you or you may be denied access to the event.
- We need more designers so please pass on the word to your network and tell them to come.
- The event will be WiFi enabled.
- On Friday we will most likely end around 11:30 or Midnight so make sure you have travel accommodations in place. Startup Weekend cannot provide travel accommodations or taxis. This is your responsibility and with the bus and taxi strike, it would be great if those with cars can car pool with their fellow participants.
- Pizza will be provided on Friday evening.
- If you have a Tata Photon or other data card, bring it with you. You never know when you may need it.
Doors will open at 5:30pm on Friday and there will be networking and mingling till 7pm.
We will start the event at 7pm sharp.
We will start pitches by 8:15pm.
If you have questions, please post a comment below.