For all of you coming to Startup Weekend Bangalore on 14-16 September, here are a few things to get you ready.
- Practice your 60 second idea pitches before you come. You will have 60 seconds to pitch an idea. If time permits, we will allow people to pitch additional ideas. However, make sure you pitch your best idea first. These pitches will be without any visual aids, presentation decks, videos, etc. It’s just you and a mic.
- Bring your laptops, pen, paper, any cables necessary to connect your laptop to a projector, etc. so that you can work and do your demos!
- At least have a personal Twitter and Facebook account for letting people know that you’re not just sitting on a couch watching tv all weekend!
- Feel free to bring cameras and video cameras to capture the incredible energy you are going to be a part of. Feel free to make videos or take pictures and share them with the rest of the participants and the world on Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. Make sure to tag them with the #swblr hashtag so people can find them.
- Though we will provide meals, feel free to bring snacks for yourselves and if you like, your teammates. Especially, if you plan on staying late at Microsoft, EGL, Domlur.
- Be prepared for late nights and early mornings – transportation, crashing on someone’s couch, making fiends, etc. is up to you.
- If you’re a Bangalore native, try helping out those from out of town with a place to sleep or getting home late at night.
- Network. Network. Network. Don’t show up on Friday and sit silently in a corner. Talk to the others that are present and get to know them before we kick things off.
- Please clean up after yourself and don’t leave garbage laying around. Microsoft is providing a great venue for us so let’s be kind to them and take care of the facility.
- If you have 3G USB dongles or other ways of getting onto the Internet, bring them, just in case. Murphy’s Law!
Follow @swinindia and keep an eye on this site for the most up-to-date information. There’s more to come over the next week.
Feel free to add your comments and or suggestions below.