We have little less than 24 hours to kick off the second edition of Startup Weekend in Bangalore. First part of the boot camp session on Android was a huge success. Now participants are listening to a talk on Azure and other cloud technologies.
Venue Details Microsoft lavelle Road and starting work on some awesome new startups and hacking some code!
Here’s a few things to remember:
- Think of some ideas you want to pitch. You will have 60 seconds to do a verbal elevator pitch of your idea – no ppts, or other aids. If time permits, you may be able to pitch more than one idea.
- Your idea cannot be your existing startup that has launched. Startup Weekend is where people gather to take ideas and transform them into startups, not promote your existing startup.
- Bring whatever you think you’re going to need to work, e.g. a laptop, paper, pens, mobile phone, etc.
- If your idea doesn’t get enough votes, don’t worry. Join another team and work with others on their idea.
- Please try to be inclusive and not turn people away from joining your team unless your team size is over 5 people.
- The Twitter Hashtag for Startup Weekend Bangalore will be #swblr – Please use it when tweeting about the event.
- Keep up with the latest #swblr tweets at Random Loops, put together by a volunteer at swinindia
- The Flickr tag for Startup Weekend Bangalore will be swblr and startupweekend so please add the tag to any photos you upload to Flickr.
- If you purchased a student ticket, please bring a valid student photo id with you or you may be denied access to the event.
- We need more designers so please pass on the word to your network and tell them to come.
- The event will be WiFi enabled.
- On Friday we will most likely end around 11:30 or Midnight so make sure you have travel accommodations in place. Startup Weekend cannot provide travel accommodations or taxis. This is your responsibility.
- Pizza will be provided on Friday evening.
- If you have a Tata Photon or other data card, bring it with you. You never know when you may need it.
Doors will open at 5:30pm on Friday and there will be networking and mingling till 7pm.
We will start the event at 7pm sharp (not Bangalore or Indian Standard Time).
We will start pitches by 8:15pm.
If you have questions, please post a comment below.